Top 10 Gift Ideas for Getting in Shape
With the New Year upon us, it’s time to start really sticking to our resolutions on getting fit and healthy after the holidays. If you or someone you love is looking to start a better lifestyle in 2016, then the right fitness products can give them the leg up needed to succeed. Even though the holidays are over, it’s never too late to surprise your loved ones with some great gifts that show that you care and that you’re invested in their goals. Let’s take a look at some of the newest and most useful fitness products on the market right now.
Fitness trackers are great for anyone who is serious about setting and achieving their daily fitness goals in an easy and effective way. The Fitbit One is a great example. It tracks steps, distance, floors climbed, calories burned, sleep, and more – and it automatically syncs to your devices so you don’t need to be super tech savvy to use it. It’s a great product for those who hit the gym every day, or are just trying to move more. Wearing this will make you motivated to take the stairs next time!
The Mio Fuse Heart Rate + Activity Tracker is one of the most accurate and highly featured wearable fitness trackers on the market. With EKG-accurate heart rate readings, this device is perfect for the well-informed, ultra-fit person who’s looking to keep track of their progress.
Other Most Gifted fitness trackers and calorie management systems:
- Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker
- UP3 by Jawbone Heart Rate, Activity + Sleep Tracker. Selected as one of Oprah’s Favorite Things 2015
- Garmin vívofit 2 Activity Tracker
Heart Rate Monitors
If you’re looking for something a little simpler than an all-around fitness tracker, heart rate monitors are a great accessory to keep track of your heart health. They’re simple, light, sleek, and easy to use, and they have continuously gotten better in performance and value over the years. The Polar FT4 is very popular due to its lightweight design and user friendly interface. With a small calorie counter and waterproof material, this monitor won’t miss a beat – literally.
Other Most Gifted heart rate monitors:
- Polar H7 Heart Rate Sensor Fits Bluetooth Smart Phones
- Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone & Android
- Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband
Digital Kitchen Scale
Let’s face it, eating healthy can be tough, and with a busy modern life, portion control is something that is so commonly overlooked. Adding a scale to your kitchenware is adding a great shortcut to your dieting habits. This new Digital Kitchen Scale from Oliver & Kline is perfect for measuring meats, pasta, herbs, spices, liquids, and more. With easy switching between grams, and lbs., you’ll be able to stick to your healthy cookbook to the T.
Here are some other Most Gifted kitchen scales:
- Ozeri Touch Professional Digital Kitchen Scale in Tempered Glass
- #1 Best Seller Ozeri Pronto Digital Multifunction Kitchen and Food Scale
- OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Food Scale with Pull-Out Display
Body Analyzer Scale
If you’re looking for scale that will measure YOU, then take a look at the Vitasigns Digital Body Analyzer Scale. It gives super accurate readings of both weight and BMI results, and its Bluetooth capabilities sinks your data to your phone for a more detailed breakdown. Perfect for anyone who’s motivated by the numbers, this kind of product is a great tech-savvy gift that will update your bathroom.
Other Most Gifted body scales:
- iHealth HS5 Wireless Body Analysis Scale for iPhone and Android
- Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale
- Runtastic Libra Bluetooth Smart Scale and Body Analyzer
Exercise & Fitness Equipment
When it comes to getting in shape, having the right workout equipment can make a world of difference. These gifts are great for those who are looking to workout at home or at the office, and are sometimes just too busy to go to the gym. If you’re sitting at a desk all day, the FitDesk Trainer is a mini-elliptical machine that fits neatly under your desk, so you can get some much needed reps in while checking email. Another great piece of gear for your desk is the Flex Belt Ab Toner, which allows you to get a quick ab workout in from anywhere. You can even start the day on the right foot with the Dumbbell Alarm Clock, with adjustable settings that makes you lift before it shuts off.
If you’re looking to get in to yoga, the Yes4All Yoga Starter Kitincludes a mat, two blocks, a strap, and a towel that work great for any yoga routine, and their lightweight design means that you can take them anywhere and stay loose.
Other Most Gifted fitness equipment gifts:
- Sivan Health and Fitness Arm Rest Balance Ball Fit Chair with Ball and Pump
- The Firm Zip Trainer Medicine Ball Kit
- Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells
Healthy Food Maker
We all know that it’s really tough to stick to a diet in social situations. But now, if you’re hosting guests, or you just want some chips, this Chips Maker is a great accessory that can make healthy potato and fruit chips right in your microwave. With this, you can add a healthy and popular addition to your next party and stay in line with your diet goals.
Indoor Herb Garden
Another great gift for the healthy eater is this Indoor Herb Garden. Capable of growing virtually any kinds of herbs, this LED powered mini-garden fits right on your kitchen counter, and will provide you with endless herbs that can give an extra kick to whatever healthy meal you’re making.
Check out these for good options:
- Click & Grow Indoor Smart Herb Garden
- Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Ultra LED Indoor Garden with Gourmet Herb Seed Kit
- Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Harvest with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit
- Miracle-Gro Aerogarden Bounty Elite LED 9-pod with Gourmet Herbs and Bonus Cherry Tomato Kit
Active Gaming System
A great way to battle the bulge in the digital age is with the Wii Fit U w/Wii Balance Board. Both entertaining and you can play it with the whole family, pick up the Wii Fit U Master Exercise Kit that adds all the extra gadgets so you can play more games and keep track of your goals. Updating your entertainment system with fitness in mind is a great alternative to having an in-home personal trainer.
Check out these awesome Wii accessories:
- EA Sports Active Wireless 2lb Dumbbell Set
- EA Sports Active: More Workouts – Nintendo Wii
- DreamGEAR Wii 3 in 1 Fitboard Bundle
Another great option for working out at home is the Body Revolution program created by The Biggest Loser host Jillian Michaels. The whole kit includes 15 DVDs that completes the 90-day program, with weight loss and diet tips, a fitness journal, and everything else you need to stay motivated at home.
Check out these Best Sellers:
- Shaun T’s CIZE Dance Workout – Base Kit
- Autumn Calabrese’s 21 Day Fix – Essential Package
- Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred
Health Food Books
To round out the whole strategy, be sure to pick up In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto by bestselling author Michael Pollan. This book teaches you how to find the right nutrients in your eating habits, and how to stay healthy for the long-term by relying on a natural, clean and organic diet. A perfect gift for either the gym rat or just the curious reader, this book will open your eyes to what it means to truly eat healthy.
Check out these Best Sellers and Most Gifted food books:
- #1 Best Seller in Gluten-free Diet Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle
- #1 Best Seller in Nutrition The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom
- #1 Best Seller 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse
- The 20/20 Diet: Turn Your Weight Loss Vision Into Reality by Phil McGraw
- Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes
There you go! Several great gift ideas in every price range for people losing weight and staying fit! Happy shopping!!